New interview in Dummy Magazine - free to read on the web. Check out pages 66-67. A couple of quotes:
"Sometimes when I write lyrics there are images in them, usually on a quite simplistic level, like colours. But most often music comes first and then later I sit down with visual people and we chat about what we want to do. I don't look at myself as a visual artist. I make music.""I feel in a lot of ways Volta is Post 2. Very restless and sort of schizophrenic. Promiscuous in collaborations, but sincere. It’s consistent in its restlessness."
- Also, Alan Pollard discusses the technical aspects of the Volta music and tour on Apple. Interesting stuff! An excerpt:
Björk is the undisputed mistress of mechanized mischief. Her shows feature signature impish vocals and fine melodies backed by howling live instrumentals, electronic percussion, and edgy digital instrumentation. But in generating this complex sound, Björk isn’t alone. She’s backed by a brain trust of musicians, composers and technical experts. When she’s on tour, they help her visions become reality For the past 10 years, technical director Alan Pollard has been a member of that trust. And on Björk’s latest tour, “Volta,” he has streamlined the artist’s electronic music-making orchestra. Today the tracks that were created using dozens of samplers, gizmos and computers are triggered and synched with a few MacBook Pros running Logic Pro and Ableton Live. “It’s the simplest and most streamlined system we’ve ever used on tour,” says Pollard. “It’s also the most flexible, and it gives Björk and the rest of the band freedom to play almost any song in her repertoire.”
- In more Volta Tour news, the spectacular M.I.A. will be supporting at the two gigs in Nîmes, France in august. - Recently, Björk and the band appeared on the Later show with Jools Holland, where they performed Earth Intruders, The Anchor Song and Declare Independence, and Björk had a little chat with Jools. Read more about that in the 4um where you'll find pics, videos and discussions.
bjork.com
Kaydol:
Kayıt Yorumları (Atom)
Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder